The Range Rules
Range Rules (click for a downloadable pdf file)
Caledonia Forest and Stream Club
Range Rules – Updated August 2018
- NO individual may close a range without prior approval of the Club Directors.
- NO alcoholic beverages are allowed on any of the ranges.
- All guests must be accompanied by a member. Loaning your Caledonia Forest & Stream Club key is prohibited. Members are permitted to bring each guest for one visit only.
- All members and guests must comply with all range rules. Members are responsible for their guests.
- All individuals under the age of 18 must be under direct supervision of an adult at all times.
- Failure to abide by the Club’s rules may result in reprimand, removal and/or member termination.
- All shooting activities are limited to between sunrise and sunset. No dark or “low light” shooting is permitted without prior approval of the Directors (Law Enforcement agencies, etc.).
Shooting Range Rules: All Ranges
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Use of Tannerite or other exploding targets is NOT permitted.
- Eye and ear protection is required.
- All loading/unloading is performed from the shooting benches with the firearms pointed safely down range.
- All firearms must be holstered or unloaded and placed on a bench prior to anyone going down range. Firearms are NOT to be handled while anyone is down range.
- All firearms not on the firing line must be either holstered or unloaded with their action open and the magazine removed, or unloaded and encased.
- Armor piercing and incendiary ammunition is prohibited.
- Cross-firing of targets or shooting into side berms is prohibited.
- DO NOT use metal or glass or other debris as targets. Steel targets designed to be used as such may be used.
- DO NOT shoot at targets directly on the ground or above eye level, except at trap field.
- Return target frames to storage racks at the shooting benches.
- Pick up ammunition cases and trash and deposit in trash cans.
- Full-automatic firearms may be used on the ranges. Please take necessary precautions to limit barrel rise.
- Heavy caliber firearms, including but not limited to .338 Lapua Magnum and .50 BMG may only be discharged on the 200 yard range. Special care must be taken to prevent possible ricochets.
200 Yard Range:
- NO handguns, except those designed for long range shooting.
- DO NOT shoot at targets closer than 100 yards from benches.
100 Yard Range:
- Targets may not be placed any closer than the 25 Yard Line.
50 Yard Range:
- Firearms shall be limited to rimfire handguns and rifles, centerfire handguns, pistol-caliber rifles, .22 caliber (maximum) centerfire rifles and shotguns.
- Absolutely no use of the Cowboy Range without completing and passing the proper range orientation.
- Use ONLY shotguns on the trap fields. NO rifles, NO handguns, except shotgun caliber.
- Use ONLY target load ammunition. NO magnum loads, NO slugs, NO buckshot.
- Use the 100 yard or 50 yard ranges to pattern or sight in your shotgun.
- Shots must impact the clay birds forward of the trap house to prevent damage to the trap house roof.
- The posts are for resting ammunition and shall not be used for target stands.
- DO NOT use broadheads on 3D targets.
- Use bows (compound or traditional) and crossbows ONLY. NO firearms.